This week, Lowe’s announced a $50 million commitment to training people for the skilled trades over the next five years. Why? We all know why – because the skilled labor shortage is an ongoing problem, with 85% of contractors saying they struggle to find skilled workers. To compound matters, Mike Rowe recently rattled off the statistic on his podcast that for every five people leaving the skilled trades, there are only two to replace them.
So when the candidate pool is small, but the need to hire is immense, it becomes key to lean on the experts – and what we know can help with the hiring and retention woes.
In this episode of Restoration Today, Wylander Founder Kristy Sifford joins to discuss:
- How hiring has changed in the last 2-3 years.
- The common missteps she sees restoration companies make every day when it comes to recruiting and finding candidates.
- What a healthy hiring process should look like.
- Changes in salary expectations in the last few years.
- What is really attractive to candidates looking for a new job?
- & more!